Monday, August 12, 2013

Week 2: Wood Shoppe SF concert series

This week my free activity was a free concert series at Brick & Mortar in the Mission neighborhood. Every 1st Tuesday of the month, Brick & Mortar Music Hall offers up a selection of up and coming musical artists, from SF and beyond, free of charge! Normally, shows at this venue cost $10-$25, so a cover-free evening of music is a treat.

This week I went to this monthly event with a friend to check out an evening of female indie singers. I was particularly excited about the 2nd act, Louise Burns, a Canadian singer songwriter with that Jenny Lewis vibe that I love so much. I'd elaborate, but there really isn't much more to say! We went, had a cheap beer or 2, and enjoyed some lovely free music on a school night. I really enjoy live music and discovering new bands, and this night allows me to do that for free! I'll definitely be back in months to come.



http://woodshoppesf.com/
http://www.brickandmortarmusic.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment