Thursday, September 1, 2011

The train races on...


Yesterday on the train to my internship in the Northern Suburbs of Cape Town, a kind of scary looking crazy-seeming older woman turned to me and said "life moves so fast, doesn't it?" I said yes it does and turned my head to look out the window to see the city racing past me outside.

...

Can't believe I've already been in Cape Town over a month! Feels like I just got here, but yet I'm settled in and living life. I've got my routine again. Funny how easy "settling in" gets. I've done it so many times that I feel like a an old pro. Perhaps I should write a book on it? "How to move a million times all around the world and somehow manage to make it work..." or something along those lines. I must blog more, but I'm so busy reading, writing, and holing myself up in the library here at the University of Cape Town that I just haven't found the time to properly put my words on here. I wrote a piece on "entitlement" (a popular concept and topic of discussion here in South Africa...) but not sure if I'll post.

Hoping to have a chance to blog soon. Stay tuned. A photo of the Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens on a sunny winter day to tide you over some more...




No comments:

Post a Comment