Sunday, September 20, 2009

I left my heart in San Diego...

So today is the day. Goodbye San Diego.

I always knew it would be hard for me to leave, but until the day it happens, it's never real.

How can you say goodbye to a world that has become so constant and normal?

How do you choose to leave a place that has been so good to you?

I mean honestly, I LOVE it here. I love my life. I love my friends. I love the weather and the sun and the ocean. San Diego is simply beautiful and the life here is lovely. More than that, I live a good life here. I'm a young adult and loving life on my own with my young adult friends. It is San Diego that I have truly begun to grow up.

Most of all, though, I love my amazing network of friends here. It is something that I honestly don't think I'll be able to recreate and have again for a very long time. I mean, I will always have these friends because these are lifetime friends I have made, but who knows if we'll ever be in the same place at the same time again. We'll visit each other and reminisce, but it will never be the same. I think THAT is the most heartbreaking part of growing up.

Change is beautiful and exciting, but it has its crushing effects as well.

So I move on from San Diego, just as I had to move on from my life in Italy, taking all my lovely memories with me and holding on to my lasting friendships. So off I go into the unknown...

No comments:

Post a Comment