Friday, August 28, 2009

well, i mean, at least i have a direction, right?

so i know what i want to do. i know. i just don't know to get there. i'm afraid i'm not good enough. i'm afraid i'll get rejected and nothing will come of it.

but at least i'm sure of the path i've chosen for now.
too bad i'm scared too say it out loud.

"what do you want to do?"
me: "ohhhh, i dunno, work in nonprofit, maybe help children."

in my head i'm screaming my true dreams.

UNICEF
Human Rights Law
Refugee Rights
and above all, helping people, children and adults alike, achieve their human right to live happy, successful lives.

i want it so bad that i get tears in my eyes just thinking about it.
oh the long road I have ahead of me...


One thing life has taught me: if you are interested, you never have to look for new interests. They come to you. When you are genuinely interested in one thing, it will always lead to something else.
~Eleanor Roosevelt

If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain; If I can ease one life the aching, Or cool one pain, Or help one fainting robin unto his nest again, I shall not live in vain.
- Emily Dickenson

No comments:

Post a Comment